- Added dynamic snowstorms, options in map and config for blizzard frequency/duration and ambiance volume controls to limit rain and snow to specific areas.
- Added weather command which takes none, storm or blizzard as inputs.
- Added decal importer for custom decal objects. Example in Bundles/Objects/Small/Decals/Test_Auto_Decal.
- Added ability to translate EconInfo.json by appending language name e.g. EconInfo_Russian.json or adding an EconInfo.json file to your localization's folder for example inside the Russian folder.
- Added ability to translate keyboard names in /Shared/KeyCodes.dat.
- Added PSA banner to menu which might be used for time-critical events.
- Added deadzone volume to level editors.
- Improved blending between rainstorms and blizzards.
- Tweaked makeshift vehicle recipe to require a battery and tires.
- Tweaked upgraded cake to be salvageable.
- Fixed using rangefinder while scoped in with off scope quality.
- Fixed gaps in wall navmesh at German military base.
- Fixed server restarting after regaining connection to Steam.
- Fixed clients potentially connecting to server during loading.
Through some weird scheduling that shifted things around it's looking like I won't be home for most of August, so the next update will probably be later in the month. Next week on the 3rd I'm off to Toronto to look at apartments for rent, and then several days later leaving to Italy for a holiday. I'll be getting back home on the 22nd. I'm excited - this is my first vacation since I started work on Unturned 2.0! Around the end of August/beginning of September I'll be making the move to Toronto assuming an apartment is found. (Wish me luck!)
While I'm away I think I'll have a hard time stopping myself from still reading your feedback in the evenings, so in the meantime during the break it'd be nice to give you something to discuss: I've been toying with ideas for 4.0. It's been on my mind recently and already I've got tons of features/improvements/changes I'd love to implement but just aren't possible in 3.0 at this point, and I've been catching up with Unreal Engine 4 considering whether it might be a good match. My hope is that the quality jump from 3.0 to 4.0 would be even bigger than the leap from 2.0 to 3.0 considering how much I've learned over the past 3 years. Note that I have no plans to begin 4.0 yet, and even if we were to go ahead with it there are many more updates to 3.0 planned. What are your thoughts on all this? I'm curious to see your response and especially if you have wishlists for 4.0 - nothing's off the table and if everyone's interested I might put together a new Trello board for 4.0 to group all your suggestions.